This collection of German slow cooker recipes will take your taste buds back to Oktoberfest celebrations of years gone by. German food is a family favorite and these German recipes can all be made in your crockpot slow cooker to save you time and clean up.
- 🥘 German Slow Cooker Recipes
- 1. Hot German Potato salad
- 2. Slow Cooker German Potato Soup Recipe
- 3. Slow Cooker German Style Pot Roast
- 4. Oktoberfest Stew
- 5. Slow Cooker German Lentil Soup
- 6. Slow Cooker Pork And Sauerkraut
- 7. Slow Cooker Cabbage Rolls
- 8. Bavarian Sauerbraten Recipe (Slow Cooker)
- 9. Slow Cooker Beef Rouladen Recipe
- 10. Slow Cooker Kielbasa Kapusta
- 11. German-Style Pot Roast
- 12. German Pork Roast (Slow Cooker)
- 13. Creamy Bratwurst Stew
- 14. Traditional Sauerbraten in the Slow Cooker
- 15. Slow-Cooker Pork Paprikash Recipe
- 16. CROCK POT GERMAN STYLE BRATS RECIPE
- 17. Slow Cooker Rotkohl
- 18. SLOW COOKER SAUERBRATEN BEEF IN GINGERSNAP GRAVY
- 19 SLOW COOKER BAVARIAN POT ROAST
- 20. Slow Cooker Bratwurst Potato Soup
- Printable Recipe Card
- Sarah Mock
🥘 German Slow Cooker Recipes
1. Hot German Potato salad
This hot German potato salad recipe, filled with crispy fried bacon bits, is an amazing side dish. Can be served warm or cold, as well!
2. Slow Cooker German Potato Soup Recipe
German potato soup with smoked sausages and cabbage also is known as ” Kartoffelsuppe” cooked in a slow cooker. Use vegetable stock to prepare this yummy soup.
3. Slow Cooker German Style Pot Roast
Cooked all day with red cabbage, carrots and sweet onions in a little apple cider for a slightly sweet and so delicious and fork tender roast your whole family will enjoy!
4. Oktoberfest Stew
Oktoberfest Stew is a big taste of the Oktoberfest celebration that warms and satisfies a hungry appetite, and puts a little smile on one's face. The broth had just the right amount of flavor from the lager, with a savory tang from that finishing touch of cider vinegar; and the sausage gave a rich smokiness, with the cabbage adding a hint of mild sweetness.
5. Slow Cooker German Lentil Soup
This slow cooker lentil soup!! -- brimming with sausage, grated carrots, garlic, parsley, and a variety of herbs and spices -- is that good.
6. Slow Cooker Pork And Sauerkraut
Pork and sauerkraut is my family's traditional New Year's meal meant to bring good luck in the New Year. This is my slow cooker pork and sauerkraut recipe that is cooked to perfection with a touch of sweetness with the addition of apples.
7. Slow Cooker Cabbage Rolls
Slow cooker cabbage rolls are perfect for making in a slow cooker. The waft of the flavors of the stuffed cabbage rolls marinating all day in a seasoned tomato sauce and sauerkraut calls everyone to the dinner table.
8. Bavarian Sauerbraten Recipe (Slow Cooker)
It’s so tender it just falls apart. Marinated in vinegar, wine and simple spices it’s perfect for your own authentic Oktoberfest party!
9. Slow Cooker Beef Rouladen Recipe
This Traditional Beef Rouladen Recipe is pure comfort food and until the really warm weather hits, we are still wanting dishes like this.
Served up with some creamy mashed potatoes, creamy polenta, potato dumplings, or spaetzle and steamed veggies or red cabbage this is a great dinner for any weeknight (but you do need time for it to cook) or this recipe would be perfect for a Sunday supper.
10. Slow Cooker Kielbasa Kapusta
Kapusta means cabbage, so when serving this recipe of cabbage and Kielbasa (sausage), potatoes are mu favorite option!
11. German-Style Pot Roast
Grampa was of German heritage and loved the old-world recipes his mother gave him. I made a few changes so I could prepare this dish in the slow cooker and give it a slightly updated flavor.
12. German Pork Roast (Slow Cooker)
This roast recipe is perfect for when you're craving a hot, hearty, and completely satisfying dinner experience. A touch of sweet honey, combined with delicious beer 'n' brat mustard, ladled over juicy pork, makes this a German classic that has stood the test of time
13. Creamy Bratwurst Stew
A rich sauce coats this hearty combination of potatoes, carrots and bratwurst chunks. I adapted a baked stew recipe that appeared in a newspaper. This is so comforting on cold winter evenings. —Susan Holmes, Germantown, Wisconsin
14. Traditional Sauerbraten in the Slow Cooker
The low, slow cooking and long cook time result in a meal with pieces of meat so tender they practically fall off the roast. It all starts with a lengthy marinade. This soak in red wine, tart vinegar, and spices tenderizes the thick cut of beef and infuses it with sharp, tangy flavor. Don’t cut this time short — while it seems like a long time, it’s mostly hands-off and the result is worth the wait.
15. Slow-Cooker Pork Paprikash Recipe
Slow cooker paprika pork, seasoned with thyme and caraway, is finished with sour cream and served over egg noodles. The robust, tangy dish is one of my favorite hearty and comforting options during winter's dreariest months. Plus it's easy to make, and it feeds a crowd.
16. CROCK POT GERMAN STYLE BRATS RECIPE
I do love making these Crock Pot German Style Brats at home and bringing a piece of Leavenworth and Germany into our house.
17. Slow Cooker Rotkohl
This recipe, though, can be prepared (all 10 minutes of it) the night before and then put in the slow cooker/crockpot four hours (or more) before you want to eat lunch.
18. SLOW COOKER SAUERBRATEN BEEF IN GINGERSNAP GRAVY
This mouth-watering old-world dish is tender and absolutely delicious served over spaetzle or noodles!
19 SLOW COOKER BAVARIAN POT ROAST
There are a few things that make this pot roast stand out from the rest, including the tomato sauce, and an interesting blend of spices that includes a hint of cinnamon and ground ginger.
20. Slow Cooker Bratwurst Potato Soup
Printable Recipe Card
German Slow Cooker Recipes
There is more to a recipe than just the recipe card. Frequently Asked Questions within the blog post that you may find helpful. Simply scroll back up to read them!
- Hot German Potato salad
- Slow Cooker German Potato Soup Recipe
- Slow Cooker German Style Pot Roast
- Oktoberfest Stew
- Slow Cooker German Lentil Soup
- Slow Cooker Pork And Sauerkraut
- Slow Cooker Cabbage Rolls
- Bavarian Sauerbraten Recipe
- Slow Cooker Beef Rouladen
- Slow Cooker Kielbasa Kapusta
- German-Style Pot Roast
- German Pork Roast
- Creamy Bratwurst Stew
- traditional sauerbraten in the slow cooker
- Slow-Cooker Pork Paprikash Recipe
- Slow-Cooker Pork Paprikash Recipe
- CROCK POT GERMAN STYLE BRATS RECIPE
- Slow Cooker Rotkohl
- SLOW COOKER SAUERBRATEN BEEF IN GINGERSNAP GRAVY
- SLOW COOKER BAVARIAN POT ROAST SOUP
- Choose your favorite recipe
- Gather the ingredients.
- Prepare the recipe according to the instrucitons.
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.
Sharing of this recipe to social media is both encouraged and appreciated. Please share the direct link back to the recipe. Copy/Pasting and/or screenshots of the recipe to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Simple Slow Cooker Recipes under parent SavoringTheGood®
She Does It All
Sarah Mock is a classically trained Chef and graduate of Johnson & Wales University. A culinary blogger for 13 years Sarah helps the home cook prepare her recipes with professional results.